|Problems Created by Harmonics
- Excessive heating and failure of capacitors, capacitor fuses, transformers, motors, fluorescent lighting ballasts, etc.
- Nuisance tripping of circuit breaker or blown fuses
- Presence of the third harmonic & multiples of the 3rd harmonic in neutral grounding systems may require the derating of neutral conductors
- Noise from harmonics that lead to erroneous operation of control system components
- Damage to sensitive electronic equipment
- Electronic communications interference